The article lists several examples to illustrate this point.
- the recent demotion of Pluto
- a marine report from December 1994
- an undated Biblical Archaeology Review story (its muttar to read that?) about the Qumran community
- a New York Times article about from August about poisonous fish
- a declaration from American Association of Pediatrics from about two years ago
Ad kan the leytzanus. In fairness, the same article makes the point that "If someone is a doctor, or an astronomer, or a professional oceanographer, or an archaeologist, then of course he or she must learn the conventional wisdom of their field." It just wants "we," meaning haredim, to have no part in those fields.