Tuesday, August 09, 2005

E N I L N I A M E H T N O



E N I L N I A M E H T N O

Every letter of the English alphabet ultimately has its equivalent in the Semitic alphabet of old, of which Ketav Ivri is a beautiful example. My only question was whether "the" would become "sav" (which can also be read as "thav") "heh", from which "e" is derived, or if I should go the distance and put in a "ches" too, which is equivalent to "h". "THE", with the "ches/ h" looked nicer.

Steg had a good peshat:
You do realize, don't you, that the Ketav ‘Ivri in your title says ‘onat hhaham, ein lina don't you? I assume that hhaham is a scribal error for original hhakham, and therefore the inscription reads "in the season of a sage, there is no rest". deep."
In the season of a sage, there is no rest. I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
'